THE ROCK REPORT

In an attempt to stay in touch with friends and family... I unveil my personal blog! This will be a place where you will be able to track my progress. I've gone to the Great White North and back to Vancouver and now I'm slowing things down in the Surf Capital of Canada - Tofino. Expect daily updates and photos of what I am up to. And being a pop culture vulture....don't be surprised to see a sprinkle of celebrity gossip thrown in. Let's slow things down and set our clocks to Tofino Time.

Monday, February 12, 2007








I had a wonderful weekend.
Jess took me to Smithers! We left on Friday after work and had a great drive up. I love going past all the small towns like Burns Lake, Houston, Telkwa, on the way up. You blink and you miss them. I just think of how many people don't even know these places exsist!

Smithers is amazing. It's as lovely and beautiful as I had imagined it. I felt relaxed when I was there. I went to bed on Friday night at 11:30pm and woke up at 1:09pm. I have not slept like that for years. Jess's parents were so welcoming and wonderful and made the yummiest meals and desserts. And ther doggy Gus kept me from missing Ozzy too much.

On Saturday, Jess took me up to Ski Smithers, we went to a great Dutch bakery, a hippie book shop which Kelly would have LOVED, and a great store called "Heartstrings". Then that night we went to the Hudson Bay Lodge for kareoke (no we did not sing). And then it was off to the infamous "Twin". Wow. I have heard many tales about the Twin and the club really lived up to all my expectations. We danced until 2 in the morning. It was fantastic.

I heart Smithers, BC. Thanks for a most memorable weekend Jess!
*In the top two pictures Jess and I were in Burns Lake*
*At Ski Smithers*
*Standing on a frozen lake*
*With Gus Gus*
*At the Twin with Jess and her friend Christine*

2 Comments:

Blogger It's Me! said...

Thank YOU for the wonderful weekend! I'm so glad you had fun and that the Twin lived up to your expectations! It was a great weekend and wouldn't have been the same without you...especially our little sing-a-long on the drive there! I loved the look on your face when I started singing and you realized I liked the song!

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home