THE ROCK REPORT

In an attempt to stay in touch with friends and family... I unveil my personal blog! This will be a place where you will be able to track my progress. I've gone to the Great White North and back to Vancouver and now I'm slowing things down in the Surf Capital of Canada - Tofino. Expect daily updates and photos of what I am up to. And being a pop culture vulture....don't be surprised to see a sprinkle of celebrity gossip thrown in. Let's slow things down and set our clocks to Tofino Time.

Thursday, February 15, 2007


This post is for somebody who I don't even think reads my blog but I must write it anyways.


I want this person to know the following things - since this person will never ever realize them on their own:


I am smart. Really smart actually. I could be a lawyer, a doctor, a teacher, a writer, or a scientist. I was accepted to UBC. I could have a degree. And maybe I will one day. I started attending a post secondary school while I was still in high school. And now I am only 20 years old and I have every option in the world available to me. I am not an idiot. I am aware of current issues, I read the newspaper, and I read a wide variety of books.


I am interesting and unique. Not "weird" or an "odd bird". I love to try new things, and take risks. But most importantly, I am not afraid to be myself. I do not spend time trying to impress anyone, and I constantly try to live my life being only true to myself. That takes courage and I am proud that at a young age I am able to love and appreciate myself.


I am positive. I do not enjoy being confrontational and I live with a moto of "Live and let live". I am an eternal optimist. Despite negative things happening to me in my life, I am able to rise above the negativity and still be a happy person. It doesn't mean I don't cry, or get upset, or angry, but I refuse to feel sorry for myself. It's as simple as that.


My passion is music. I am open to any type of music and I love to hear new music and old music, country, rap, rock, pop, hip hop, folk, classical. Anything. To put somebody down or insult them because you do not have a shared passion is a terrible and shameful thing to do.


This person has underestimated me and taken me forgranted for a while. This person is shut off from learning and expanding their mind . And yet, all I can think is what a shame. This person missed out on getting to know me, and that is a loss.


That is all. I feel better now.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're a fucking rad chick!

anyone that doesn't realize all the great things you have to offer, doesn't deserve to be your friend anyways.

keep ruling life, soon everyone else will notice all that you do.

ps. people are intimidated by smart confident women... it's sad but true. you just gotta hold your head high and be yourself.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Colin said...

natalie is a nacho nerd!

but yes, shes right

3:04 PM  
Blogger *M* said...

I totally agree. People who aren't secure in themselves feel a need to put down those who do. Whoever you are talking about doesn't deserve your time of day.

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

colin, don't talk to me through other people's blog comments.

9:14 PM  
Blogger It's Me! said...

You are an amazing person and "this person" clearly doesn't want to remove "their" head from "their" ass and see you for who you are. I think Natalie is right that "this person" is intimidated because you are so much more vibrant and interesting than "them", not to mention people like and respect you about a billion times more than "them", (which is totally deserved)
Most of all I'm so glad that you don't question yourself because of one ignorant closed-minded person's opinion.
Everyday I am proud to call you my friend.

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this person you are writing about is a major butthead - who is it by the way?

3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home