THE ROCK REPORT

In an attempt to stay in touch with friends and family... I unveil my personal blog! This will be a place where you will be able to track my progress. I've gone to the Great White North and back to Vancouver and now I'm slowing things down in the Surf Capital of Canada - Tofino. Expect daily updates and photos of what I am up to. And being a pop culture vulture....don't be surprised to see a sprinkle of celebrity gossip thrown in. Let's slow things down and set our clocks to Tofino Time.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007


Valentine's Day is stupid.

It makes single people feel bad and it puts pressure on attached people to "do something nice for their sweetheart....or else". Today I saw men paying $90 for a dozen roses. Roses which will die in two weeks. It just seems a little silly to me.

And yet, today Brad and I had a contest where people call in and tell us why their partner deserves to be surprised with a big bouquet of flowers. We took countless calls and read many e-mails. The phone calls were really sweet! Men and women calling in telling us how much they love their significant other. One man had been married to his wife for 26 years and told us how he loves her more and more every day and that to this day he's absolutely crazy about her! It was really touching to hear all these genuine love stories.

We ended up surprising a mother of 3 who works and goes to school and still manages to make her family feel loved and special. She was so happy! Tears formed in her eyes almost immediately as we surprised her at school and you could tell she was truly surprised that her husband had called us to tell us how wonderful she is! I had tears in my eyes too. I'm such a sap.

Gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling inside. In closing - even if it is another pointless commercial holiday....Happy Valentine's Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home