THE ROCK REPORT

In an attempt to stay in touch with friends and family... I unveil my personal blog! This will be a place where you will be able to track my progress. I've gone to the Great White North and back to Vancouver and now I'm slowing things down in the Surf Capital of Canada - Tofino. Expect daily updates and photos of what I am up to. And being a pop culture vulture....don't be surprised to see a sprinkle of celebrity gossip thrown in. Let's slow things down and set our clocks to Tofino Time.

Sunday, November 05, 2006


So I'm back in Prince George....

Yesterday was my worst flying nightmare come true....

When I fly Westjet I expect the little TV on the seat with 25 channels....I sat down and (GASP) no TV!!!! Then I realize that my Ipod has no power. This is bad.

Somehow though, I managed. I slept a little, thought about Borat, and ate some pretzels and drank some iced tea and then what do you know? I'm back "home".

Jess was at the airport to greet me! She's such a sweetheart.

We grabbed my bags and then went to go get Ozzy. The lady at the special door where you get the kennels is like "Can I help you?". I said "I'm looking for my dog". She says "There's no dogs. They just unloaded your plane and there's no dogs here". Ummm okay so this is when tears start to form in my eyes and I start raising my voice and say "Where is my dog??? I WANT MY DOG!!!". She tells me to go see some guy at the other end of the airport. Jess and I go there and he says to see a Westjet employee. The Westjet guy says that my dog should be at the door. We walk over and tell this to the lady who says "Well, I don't know what to tell you but there are no dogs here". Tears forming - heart beating - sweat forming on my brow - internal freak out commence. I say "My dog has to be in there. WHERE'S MY DOG!!!!!?????". She goes inside the door and brings him out laughing and says "Oops. He must have been there the whole time".

What a jerk.

UPDATE: The "jerk" I lovingly refer to was someone who works for the airport. This incident has absolutely nothing to do with Westjet. I thought that was obvious. This has to do with a security person. The Westjet employee I dealt with was extremely helpful and kind. I only fly Westjet and think they're the best. However twice I have had a problem with the security at YXS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home