THE ROCK REPORT

In an attempt to stay in touch with friends and family... I unveil my personal blog! This will be a place where you will be able to track my progress. I've gone to the Great White North and back to Vancouver and now I'm slowing things down in the Surf Capital of Canada - Tofino. Expect daily updates and photos of what I am up to. And being a pop culture vulture....don't be surprised to see a sprinkle of celebrity gossip thrown in. Let's slow things down and set our clocks to Tofino Time.

Friday, November 17, 2006


Gary Long pointed out something very obvious to me today....

I am incredibly homesick. Seriously homesick. Ridiculously homesick.

Work is good, Prince George is good, nothing is exactly bad up here but I still fell like something's missing.

When I first moved here I was just so excited to start a new life, live on my own, start working at my dream job. Now it seems like any adrenaline left over has long since faded. I'm not miserable (yet) but I am sick....homesick.

I've never felt this way before. When I was in Europe every day was so exciting and incredible, I knew exactly when I was going to come home, and I was with Brett. Brett really is family to me.

Sometimes I think it'd be easier if he was here...but would he even like PG? He didn't when he visited, he wants to travel and go to school and I don't want to feel like I'm using him or anybody as a "security blanket".

I guess I've realized how wonderful and functional my life was before I moved here. Since then it feels like everything is in complete disorder. Who knew life could be this tough? I thought it would be a cake walk.

2 Comments:

Blogger It's Me! said...

I know it's not the same as family and your old friends, but you know I'm here for you always.

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey girlfriend... i just saw you but it kinda stank cuz it was only for two minutes but i know i say this and i know not the same as us being there with u...but i love you and always know that i am thinking about u everyday....i miss you lots and so does everyone... and just remember you won't be in PG FOREVER... i think in oh i dunno say....6-12months you'll be THE NEXT CHARRIS on the jeff o'neil show for the fox!! who's knows maybe something will happen to charris that I OF COURSE would have nothing to do with ;) ;) heh heh.... I LOVE U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xo kristin

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home