THE ROCK REPORT

In an attempt to stay in touch with friends and family... I unveil my personal blog! This will be a place where you will be able to track my progress. I've gone to the Great White North and back to Vancouver and now I'm slowing things down in the Surf Capital of Canada - Tofino. Expect daily updates and photos of what I am up to. And being a pop culture vulture....don't be surprised to see a sprinkle of celebrity gossip thrown in. Let's slow things down and set our clocks to Tofino Time.

Sunday, November 05, 2006


I think I'm in love....

His name is Borat. He is a Kazakhstani TV Reporter.

Honestly, if Borat was a real person I would love to be his girlfriend. Oh and for anyone wondering if they should see BORAT: CULTURAL LEARNINGS OF AMERICA FOR MAKE BENEFIT GLORIOUS NATION OF KAZAKHSTAN, you must see it. In fact not one minute after I saw it on opening night Friday, did I want to see it again and again and again....

HIGHLIGHTS:

- Borat learns proper dinner manners and wonders if he should show pictures of his "family"
- Borat talks with "homies"
- Borat and Azamat wrestle
- Borat meets Pam Anderson
- Borat gets a ride with Fraternity guys

I don't understand the people who can't find the humour of the movie. The whole point of the film is to subtely point out that Kazakhstani - American - Canadian - whatever - we deal with the same social issues: homophobia, anti-semitism, racism, and war. Those are the ones Borat focuses the most on.

Unfortunately the movie that was #1 at the US Box Office isn't even playing in stupid PG. This makes me mad. I'm calling the theatre and demanding they play Borat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home