THE ROCK REPORT

In an attempt to stay in touch with friends and family... I unveil my personal blog! This will be a place where you will be able to track my progress. I've gone to the Great White North and back to Vancouver and now I'm slowing things down in the Surf Capital of Canada - Tofino. Expect daily updates and photos of what I am up to. And being a pop culture vulture....don't be surprised to see a sprinkle of celebrity gossip thrown in. Let's slow things down and set our clocks to Tofino Time.

Friday, December 01, 2006


Bowling was fun yesterday! I didn't break 100 either game but I'm sure I'll be able to pick things up in time for next Thursday.

Today I recieved an e-mail that absolutely warmed my heart.

A listener e-mailed my co-host Brad to tell her what she thinks of our Morning Show. Now 90% of the time if someone e-mails you, it's to say something negative, or point out a mistake, or sometimes in my case to ask me if I'm single...(CREEPY!).

The girl who sent the e-mail just wanted to thank us for making her laugh every morning. She said she's a single mom who works and goes to school full time. She said she's going through a pretty tough time but she looks forward to getting up so she can listen to the show on the way to daycare and to school. She said how grateful she was that we're able to put a smile on her face and she sometimes wishes there was less music and more talk (generally listeners want MORE music - LESS talk).

I almost cried when I read it! I sent her an e-mail back saying it's great that by having no shame and being a complete idiot on the radio I can make someone's day better. It gave me warm fuzzies inside.

I love my job.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You give me hope, h.K.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home