THE ROCK REPORT

In an attempt to stay in touch with friends and family... I unveil my personal blog! This will be a place where you will be able to track my progress. I've gone to the Great White North and back to Vancouver and now I'm slowing things down in the Surf Capital of Canada - Tofino. Expect daily updates and photos of what I am up to. And being a pop culture vulture....don't be surprised to see a sprinkle of celebrity gossip thrown in. Let's slow things down and set our clocks to Tofino Time.

Monday, November 27, 2006


Here I am on a Monday afternoon stuck in Vancouver.

I was looking forward to being back at work today and back in Prince George yesterday but it was absolute mayhem in the Lower Mainland and at the Airport after the crazy snow storm.

The thing that bugs me is that it's totally out of my control! I was responsible, I did everything right and yet I've missed a day of work and that makes me mad.

I checked on Saturday how many seats there were on my flight for Sunday (stand by). There were 5 and 4 seats left on a later flight....that's really good! Until Air Canada decides to cancel 4 flights to Prince George on Sunday....that's really bad.

I was at the airport at 7am on Sunday and stayed there until about 10:20am. No such luck. The scary part was that they thought there would be a seat for me so Ozzy went on the plane in his kennel and then when the flight was full they gave it the go ahead to take off. The lovely Westjet lady...I think her name was Sophia and she was super nice...apologized that there was no room for me and after I asked her where I could pick up my dog I saw the look of terror in her face...."KENNEL!!! There's a kennel on board...dont' let that plane go....there's a dog on board and the passenger didn't make the flight! You need to get that dog off now!!!!!". Ozzy is now safe in my arms and I gave him a much needed bath.

I'm flying out tonight at 7:10pm which has now been pushed to 8:53pm and couldn't fly out earlier because - you guessed it - Air Canada cancelled 3 flights to Prince George today. Let's hope I get home and can be at work tomorrow. Oh and that my car starts.....I'm scared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home