THE ROCK REPORT

In an attempt to stay in touch with friends and family... I unveil my personal blog! This will be a place where you will be able to track my progress. I've gone to the Great White North and back to Vancouver and now I'm slowing things down in the Surf Capital of Canada - Tofino. Expect daily updates and photos of what I am up to. And being a pop culture vulture....don't be surprised to see a sprinkle of celebrity gossip thrown in. Let's slow things down and set our clocks to Tofino Time.

Friday, December 08, 2006


So far today is great!

It's Friday, I have lots of plans for the weekend and I met two of the most famous Canadians in the world today...

Gold Medal Olympic figure skaters Jamie Sale and David Pelletier!

Brad and I chatted with them on the air for a good ten minutes and they were so kind, funny, sweet and wonderful. I did a lot of research and it paid off! I bought Jamie a big pack of Twizzlers (her favourite candy) and David "The Hockey News" magazine (his favourite mag). They were so happy and grateful just for two silly gifts.

I am seeing them perform tomorrow night at the CN Centre. The GM gave me great seats so I'm taking Jessica with me. It's a one time event to air on CBC later on this month.

She's so small in real life! She's maybe 5 ft tall and so pretty up close! I love them!

In a way it was a bitter sweet moment. As soon as the interview was done I wanted to tell Mom so bad! She would always call me upstairs and we'd lie on her bed and watch figure skating, and she loved watching Jamie and David skate in pairs. I wish I could have called her....but I know she's happy for me and she was probably looking down this morning!

2 Comments:

Blogger It's Me! said...

and you looked absolutely beautiful to boot!

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to go heather
understand wish i could call also
keep up the good work

auntie lynn

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home