THE ROCK REPORT

In an attempt to stay in touch with friends and family... I unveil my personal blog! This will be a place where you will be able to track my progress. I've gone to the Great White North and back to Vancouver and now I'm slowing things down in the Surf Capital of Canada - Tofino. Expect daily updates and photos of what I am up to. And being a pop culture vulture....don't be surprised to see a sprinkle of celebrity gossip thrown in. Let's slow things down and set our clocks to Tofino Time.

Sunday, December 10, 2006


Yesterday was such a blast!

Around 1pm I called Jess to see if she wanted to do anything...she did! At 2:30 we went to lunch at Red Robin and then saw the matinee of "The Holiday". SO GOOD!

It was one of the best chick flicks of all time in my opinion and I can't stop thinking about it....I'm definately going to add that one to the collection.

Then we went to Tim Hortons for some coffee and donuts and then off to Holiday Festival On Ice! It was amazing. Jennifer Robinson, Sale and Pelletier, Brian Orser and Oksana Baiul were there to name a few. It was really fun and entertaining and I'm so happy that Jess and I went. It was being taped for a CBC special to air December 21st at 9pm. Ever wonder why everyone lands their jumps and everything's perfect in those TV specials? When the show is over the skaters come back out and re-do any tricks they messed up so that when the show is edited they can take out the mistakes.

Well....after the skaters came out to do their tricks they still bowed and waved to the audience and showed their appreciation before going backstage....and then there's Oksana. I understand that she won the Olympic Gold Medal....in 1994....12 years ago, but it doens't excuse some bad behaviour. When it was her turn to fix up her mistakes she comes out, skates for 2 minutes, tries a jump, misses it and just runs off in a tizzy throwing the backstage curtain open. No waves, no nothing. The whole audience sat there stunned in silence for about 10 seconds. Jess and I burst out laughing. What a diva......

The night continued when we went to Boston Pizza to share a piece of cheesecake. Then we went to the Rum Jungle - a club - for maybe an hour tops. I really don't like the clique-ey, small town attitude many of the young people in this city have developed. I don't think I'll be going back to the Jungle for a long time.

A great night, I had a great sleep, and now I'm going to have a great day cleaning my house!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home