THE ROCK REPORT

In an attempt to stay in touch with friends and family... I unveil my personal blog! This will be a place where you will be able to track my progress. I've gone to the Great White North and back to Vancouver and now I'm slowing things down in the Surf Capital of Canada - Tofino. Expect daily updates and photos of what I am up to. And being a pop culture vulture....don't be surprised to see a sprinkle of celebrity gossip thrown in. Let's slow things down and set our clocks to Tofino Time.

Monday, February 26, 2007


My thoughts on the Oscars....


I loved Ellen hosting. I love Ellen in general, but I thought she did a fabulous job. Highlights were getting Steven Spielberg to snap a picture of her with Clint Eastwood for Myspace, delivering a screen play to Martin Scorsece, and her entire opening speech had me laughing out loud.


I was happy with all the winners. I was definately pulling for Little Miss Sunshine to win Best Picture, but I haven't seen The Departed yet, so I'll have to give it a chance.


As far as fashion goes: loved Kate Winslet, loved Gwenyth Paltrow, loved Emily Blunt. However the dress I keep thinking about was the one on Jessica Biel. It's no wonder that all of young Hollywood hates her. She shows up in a neon pink gown that screams "Look at me!!!" and she wasn't even nominated for anything. That girl's got guts.


My favourite moment of the show was when Will Ferrell and Jack Black performed. I watched it on youtube and tears were streaming down my cheeks. When they claim they're going to beat up the nominees....I lost it. Too funny.


"Hey Leo, you think you can date supermodels and win Oscars? I'm going to elbow you in the larynx!" - Jack Black


"Ryan Gosling, you're all 'hip and now'. Well I'm going to break your hip RIGHT NOW!" - Will Ferrell


"Peter O'Toole, you're all legendary and English, I don't care. I'm going to beat you down with my Nickelodeon Award!" - Jack Black


"Mark Walhberg, where are you? I won't mess with you. You're actually kind of badass. Once again I hope we're cool. You are very talented" - Will Ferrell


2 Comments:

Blogger It's Me! said...

That was awsome! I too enjoyed the Oscars. HATED Jessica Biel's dress, HATED Penelope Cruz's dress, was very disappointed in Nicole Kidman's dress. I loved Gwenyth Paltrow's dress, but felt that her hair was trying to molest her. And Ellen made me laugh many a time. Mostly loved Jack Black though, that guy cracks me up!

11:53 AM  
Blogger It's Me! said...

That was awsome! I too enjoyed the Oscars. HATED Jessica Biel's dress, HATED Penelope Cruz's dress, was very disappointed in Nicole Kidman's dress. I loved Gwenyth Paltrow's dress, but felt that her hair was trying to molest her. And Ellen made me laugh many a time. Mostly loved Jack Black though, that guy cracks me up!

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home