THE ROCK REPORT

In an attempt to stay in touch with friends and family... I unveil my personal blog! This will be a place where you will be able to track my progress. I've gone to the Great White North and back to Vancouver and now I'm slowing things down in the Surf Capital of Canada - Tofino. Expect daily updates and photos of what I am up to. And being a pop culture vulture....don't be surprised to see a sprinkle of celebrity gossip thrown in. Let's slow things down and set our clocks to Tofino Time.

Saturday, February 09, 2008



Greetings from Tofino!

I moved here yesterday after getting a job at "Whaler's on the Point Hostel and Guesthouse" on Tuesday. Whaler's is now my new home. The journey here was quite pleasant, with sunshine, and very few cars on the road. I spent the day getting settled, doing a bit of grocery shopping, and hanging out with my roommate Maja (pronounced Maya). She is 20 years old and from Cologne, Germany. She is the nicest girl and I think we'll have tons of fun together. Everyone who works here is great - my coworker Steve cooked me dinner tonight! The guests are also very amusing. Today I met people from France, Netherlands, Germany, England, and Australia. Accents everywhere - and I brushed up on my french with a fellow from Paris.

I worked today from 7:30am-2pm and was busy learning the ropes. I don't think I will have any problems with the computer systems or with the tasks. It's a lot of fun! I do have to do a bit of housekeeping but it's nothing gross so I don't mind :)

I made this little video so you can see where I now live and work. Sorry that it's a bit shaky, I was making it in a rush before dinner. Expect more on the way! I am so happy to be here. I love living on Tofino Time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Heather! Great first post from Tofino! Glad you had a good journey and everything sounds terrific.

Love, Dad and Milena

2:32 PM  
Blogger It's Me! said...

It was sooooo good to see you and hear your voice again! I miss you honey and I'm so glad that things are working out well for you!
ps a little (ok, a LOT) jealous of where you are now!
Love you lots and lots!

(and hi to your dad!!!)

2:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather!
your new home looks great! i am so happy that you found somewhere quiet and beautiful like tofino! i know how much you love it there!
I miss you tons and can't wait to see you soon! wrtie back soon!

xo Lots of Love xo
your fav neighbour!
Sarah <3

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home