THE ROCK REPORT

In an attempt to stay in touch with friends and family... I unveil my personal blog! This will be a place where you will be able to track my progress. I've gone to the Great White North and back to Vancouver and now I'm slowing things down in the Surf Capital of Canada - Tofino. Expect daily updates and photos of what I am up to. And being a pop culture vulture....don't be surprised to see a sprinkle of celebrity gossip thrown in. Let's slow things down and set our clocks to Tofino Time.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008


I had another great day in Tofino yesterday, and went to my first Yoga class here. It's held at Tofino Botanical Gardens every day except Sundays. It's a very different style of Yoga than what I'm used to but I thoroughly enjoyed the class. There were six of us and a teacher and very dim lighting with candles and light spiritual kind of music playing in the background. A year ago I would have laughed at this style of Yoga because it seems very "Hippie" but I loved it! It was soothing and challenging at the same time and really revolves around meditiation. The teacher says things like this:


"Push your left leg down in the ground, pushing your roots deep into the earth. Bring your right leg up and tuck it into your left thigh, making your tree strong and stable. Now open your fingers and bring your branches above your head and let them sway there in the wind then bring your branches to cover your heart, the soul of your tree, and be one with the earth and one with your body."


It sounds funny but it was the most relaxing thing I've ever done. The teacher was so sweet, when I thanked her after class she gave me a big hug and welcomed me to the community. I love this town. NAMASTE.

4 Comments:

Blogger It's Me! said...

sounds so peaceful! definitely room for some peace in our lives.
Love you and miss you and hope you can come visit soon! Our door is always open and we've got a bed for your whenever you like for as long as you like! (And I have a yoga mat so you can teach me what you're learning!)

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Heather. What does "Namaste" mean? [I'm guessing it is a Yoga term.]

D.

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Heather. What does "Namaste" mean? [I'm guessing it is a Yoga term.]

D.

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See here

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home