THE ROCK REPORT

In an attempt to stay in touch with friends and family... I unveil my personal blog! This will be a place where you will be able to track my progress. I've gone to the Great White North and back to Vancouver and now I'm slowing things down in the Surf Capital of Canada - Tofino. Expect daily updates and photos of what I am up to. And being a pop culture vulture....don't be surprised to see a sprinkle of celebrity gossip thrown in. Let's slow things down and set our clocks to Tofino Time.

Monday, February 11, 2008



I worked again yesterday until 2pm and then went on some trails with new friends Steve and Pat. It was sunny and beautiful out with a nice breeze. We went on the Rainforest Trail in Tofino first. It was a short trail but absolutely stunning - unfortunately for Steve the highlight was when he completely bailed and slid down the mud. I had my camera but the batteries needed to be changed. I wish I could have snapped a picture! I'm still laughing about it to his displeasure...


Next we went to the Wild Pacific Trail in Ukee (home of coworker Andy). It was a perfect day to do this trail. It was so bright and sunny and again I'm smacking myself for not changing the batteries in my camera before leaving. We must have sat at one lookout for over 20 minutes staring at massive waves breaking against the rocks. It was gorgeous and otherworldly watching the sunset.


Afterwards, Steve dropped me off at Dan and Tarni's house for dinner. I had the most delicious dinner and dessert! Shea was awake and happy when I arrived. He's changing so much and is making new sounds and facial expressions - too cute for words. We watched the Canucks game and then Dan gave me a ride back to my new home. I'm so lucky to have such wonderful family here.


It was a perfect day!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Heather_
My very first blog comment--- how high tech am I? YOu sound great and I am so jealous and wish I were sitting on that beach with you. What a great and, as you said, other-wordly experience. Thanks for the blogs...keep them coming. We miss you but area glad you are having a blast!
Love and kisses from janice and sarah

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home