THE ROCK REPORT

In an attempt to stay in touch with friends and family... I unveil my personal blog! This will be a place where you will be able to track my progress. I've gone to the Great White North and back to Vancouver and now I'm slowing things down in the Surf Capital of Canada - Tofino. Expect daily updates and photos of what I am up to. And being a pop culture vulture....don't be surprised to see a sprinkle of celebrity gossip thrown in. Let's slow things down and set our clocks to Tofino Time.

Friday, February 15, 2008


The last few days have been very busy. I'm finally starting to understand the computer system we use and I'm no longer afraid to take reservations or check people in. Plus I plan on using the "I'm new" card for at least two more weeks.


I have been feeling a bit down lately, maybe it's the rain, Valentine's Day, missing my friends, missing Ozzy, missing family, missing the city - but things are not too shabby. I think it's mostly that I am extremely impatient and I don't really enjoy the "getting settled" process that comes with a new move. On top of that - it's easy to feel lonely in Tofino. There isn't much to do at night and it gets dark at 6pm. So from 6pm until you sleep you just wish you had someone to share that time with. I'm sure I won't be lonely in the summer when there's people everywhere - but right now it's lonely. I don't like lonely.


I have been getting out and about though. And have met plenty of new people - I suppose I just miss my old ones....

1 Comments:

Blogger It's Me! said...

I'm always thinking of you honey, so whenever you're lonely, know you're on my mind!

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home