THE ROCK REPORT

In an attempt to stay in touch with friends and family... I unveil my personal blog! This will be a place where you will be able to track my progress. I've gone to the Great White North and back to Vancouver and now I'm slowing things down in the Surf Capital of Canada - Tofino. Expect daily updates and photos of what I am up to. And being a pop culture vulture....don't be surprised to see a sprinkle of celebrity gossip thrown in. Let's slow things down and set our clocks to Tofino Time.

Friday, February 15, 2008


On Wednesday evening I went to the bar here for the first time. It's known as the "Devil" bar and it's definately an interesting place. It has a few booths, a dance floor, a teeny tiny bar, and a pool table. You can pick the tourists out from a mile away - and everyone who works at a hotel hangs out with their hotel group. So the girls who work at Middle Beach all cluster in a booth and the guys who work at wherever all stand in that corner. It's a bit funny.

My night was interesting. I met a few new people who all seem really chill, but I felt like a complete misfit because of the non-drinking issue. Maybe I just don't know how to socialize properly or perhaps my non-drinking makes other people feel uncomfortable. I think I come across much more serious than I really am. It's true that I am a very serious person but I like to have fun too. Whatever. Oh well.


Maybe I'll give this bar another chance next week because it wasn't too bad and I definately can't wait to go there with my girls from back home. The highlight of the night had to be when a girl was trying to get by me and said "Excuse me please" and I looked up and she looked at me and we both simultaneously yelled "Heather?" "Emily?"!!! Emily Robb is living in Tofino. I grew up with her and she has known me longer than almost anyone else. She's working at Shelter Restaurant and I promised her I'd stop by. Can't wait! It was amazing to see a familiar face.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Dirty Maq?? :)

I used to live in Tofino. My friend Robyn linked me to you. Good times! Winter isn't too bad if you know lots of people living there. I want to move back, I miss it!

If you meet a guy named Adam/A12, beware! he is lots of fun :)

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home