THE ROCK REPORT

In an attempt to stay in touch with friends and family... I unveil my personal blog! This will be a place where you will be able to track my progress. I've gone to the Great White North and back to Vancouver and now I'm slowing things down in the Surf Capital of Canada - Tofino. Expect daily updates and photos of what I am up to. And being a pop culture vulture....don't be surprised to see a sprinkle of celebrity gossip thrown in. Let's slow things down and set our clocks to Tofino Time.

Friday, February 15, 2008


On Wednesday I went surfing with two friends.


It was a beautiful day - warm and sunny - but the waves were not so good. Really choppy, messy, and coming in quickly one after the other. If you could get past the break you'd be fine but I tried and tried and couldn't get out there. It's probably a good thing since near the end of our time in the water we were looking at 12-15 foot waves. Maybe in the summer I could attempt that but most definately not now. My buddy Jeff was out there surfing the big ones and he had a wipe out and the wave broke his leash!!! Luckily his board washed up on shore and we found it but YIKES.


It was great to get out there though - and I bought a summer wetsuit! It's Roxy and it fits me like a glove. It's used and was only $70 bucks compared to $300-400. I can start using it in May and by then I'll hopefully have my own board. All I need is a leash, some gloves and boots and I'm golden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home